“Health is not valued till sickness comes”-Thomas Fuller
Hello Readers💕! I hope you all are doing well in this quarantine. As we all know the reason behind this quarantine is covid-19 outbreak. If you would like to know more about coronavirus outbreak read my blog https://keepithealthy.health.blog/2020/04/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-famous-coronavirus-outbreak/
We’re grateful that our Government, doctors, police, health experts has taken crucial steps in order to protect us from the virus so don’t you think that as an individual it’s your duty to protect yourself and your closed ones against this virus.
In this quarantine we all are have become master chefs with some great cooking skills but let’s utilise your cooking skills in creating healthy food that will improve your immune system.
In this blog I will be giving you basic and healthy food list that you can add in your diet which will help you to improve your immunity.
Let’s begin !
1. Golden Milk a.k.a Turmeric Milk (Haldi Doodh). Adding a pinch of turmeric in your plain milk will boost your immunity. Turmeric is loaded with antioxidants. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and anti- fungal properties. It also improves your memory, It’s a good source of Vitamin D.
2. Spinach a.k.a Palak is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It has high levels of antioxidants. It maintains blood pressure and has anti-cancer effect. Here’s a small STIR-FRY recipe for you all. Heat chopped garlic in olive oil and add spinach leaves to it and mix well. Add salt, pepper and soya sauce any sauce of your choice. (Okay! Okay! I know that won’t taste that delicious but trust me it’s really healthy)
3. Chyawanprash. Ministry of AYUSH has recommended chyawanprash in your diet during quarantine because this helps in boosting up your immunity .I always buy Dabur Chyawanprash because I cannot trust any other brand except this. If you are interested to buy here’s the link below.
4. Eggs. Preferably boiled eggs. They help in strengthening your muscle. Eggs produces energy necessary for our body.
5. Yoga and Pranayama for at least 30 minutes. This helps you to stay active during lockdown and reduces stress levels, reduces mood swings, reduces lockdown depression and helps to stay fit and happy.
6. Ginger tea a.k.a Adrak chai. Two cups per day. It plays great role in strengthening immunity as it contains high level of antioxidants. It plays vital role in proper digestion and very beneficial in case of asthma. Helps to loosen phlegm and expands lungs.
7. Apples. They have a chemical called flavonoids and pectin. It gives your lung strength and improves your immune system.
8. Kadha. Kadha is an ancient ayurvedic remedy that is know for fighting symptoms of flu. It helps in strengthening your immunity and fight seasons infections.
9. Kadipatta leaves. Consume 5-6 kadipatta leaves in the morning and then have warm water. These leaves contains Vitamin A and C and contains antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidative properties that helps in reducing the symptoms of congestion,sinusitis, productive cough and cold.
10. Vegetable Soup. It’s like all in one. It’s tasty, delish and at the same time healthy as it contains maximum veggies which are great for your health.
Thank you all for reading this. I hope this was helpful! Stay fit and keepithealthy 💕